This website uses cookies

Cookies remember you so we can give you a better service online. By using this website or closing this message, you are agreeing to our Cookies noticeClose
Skip to content
Oxford's leading personal training service in nutrition, performance and fat loss. Call us on 01865 575 295

Our Blog

Georgey's 12 week transformation - week 2

[Georgeys 12 week transformation journey]

[Georgey's 12 week transformation journey]


Week two got off to a flying start. We did my body fat on Monday, and I had dropped far more than I had expected to in two weeks, let alone one! But then on Tuesday I woke up with a really painful ear infection. I managed to push through my training session and that day of work, but ever since then I have been laid up with visits back and forth to the doctor, and I missed my training session this morning. At the moment there’s still some hope for the week – If I can get a decent night’s sleep tonight, then can try and fit in my remaining two training sessions over the weekend.


Food wise, I have managed to stick to the diet plan on the whole. I have eaten precisely 18 chocolate buttons (they had smiley faces, I hoped they may cheer me up) and a small serving of plain homemade popcorn last night to accompany The Fall, but those are the only two things that have been off-plan. That being said, I’ve been tracking but not making sure that I’ve been hitting my protein targets, so I have probably been quite under this week. Still, 12 weeks is a long time and although my goal is going to be really hard to achieve, I think it’s important to be realistic and cut myself some slack when I’m ill, as long as I get straight back on it as soon as I can. Not everything can go perfectly, and I can’t beat myself up about it all the time – better to learn that now than have a breakdown about it in week nine.


On last week’s blog I had a couple of questions about what plan I’m following, and as I don’t have much to report this week, I thought I’d share now!


I have started off relatively easy: three one-hour weight training sessions per week. They are all total body, but one of them has a greater emphasis on upper body, and another on lower, the final one is evenly split. I will follow this plan for four weeks in total (so two to go after this week, one of which is a de-load week) before the training ramps up a gear. As soon as my body fat or weight stops dropping, I will introduce a cardio session, but for nowI am trying to keep as many cards up my sleeve as possible. For those of you who’d like to see exactly what I’m doing, I’ll be sharing pictures of my programmes on my Instagram over the next few weeks: @georgey_r


My macros have been plotted carefully for me based on my weight, food preferences and exercise schedule, but I am currently aiming for 40 per cent of my diet to come from protein, with the remaining 60 per cent split evenly between carbs and fats. So far, this seems to be working a treat, but we will find out on Monday whether I’ve managed to lose any more body fat this week (if not I blame the chocolate buttons). Here are the drops I made from starting:

Bodyfat Sites

I am not expecting the same amount of progress on Monday, but a little bit would be nice!


Until next week…

 

Posted on 28th October 2016, 18:11 PM by Georgina RoutenReport this post
Replace Image
Select File

Comments (0)

Please Login / Register to post a comment